You too can make a difference in our world. The work of the US Fish and Wildlife Service is meaningful and varied. Want to know more about what it is like to work for us? Click here to watch short podcasts entitled Meet Your New Boss! and Diversity is our Strength.
No PCS/moving benefits are authorized.
This is a full-time, temporary appointment not-to-exceed one year with the Norfork National Fish Hatchery in Mountain Home, AR. This position may be extended at management's discretion without further recruitment.
Two positions may filled from this vacancy announcement.
All application materials and supporting documentation must be received by the closing date of this announcement (including Veterans Preference documentation).
· Cares for eggs, fry, and fish throughout the rearing and distribution cycle, including feeding, sorting, collecting, measuring, transferring, or tagging.
· Monitors the appearance of fish for obvious changes in appearance or activity and reports observations to supervisors.
· Administers preventative and curative disease treatment in prescribed amounts and collects water samples.
· Records, computes and summarizes data on fish such as size, weight, sex, age, mortalities, etc., in tabular, graphic or narrative form.
· Operates various equipment such as gates, pumps, valves, filters and sterilizers to regulate water quantity and quality.