The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
In this position you will serve as a computer systems programmer in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Division of Platform Services, Data Services Branch. The primary responsibilities of this position are: the installation and maintenance of Netview, Connect Direct, and ACF/VTAM Communication packages and protocols, related APPC and Client/Server Software, utility routines and related multi-vendor support products used under MVS and by the connection to the network.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities or who are covered by an interchange agreement or
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
As an IT Specialist you will:
* Perform system design studies relating to communication software systems related APPC and Client/Server Software, and Software support products;
* Advise Fiscal Service IT and customer management on new developments and advanced techniques in communication and client/server software systems and networking;
* Furnish technical assistance to Public Debt study groups engaged in fact-finding studies;
* Analyze dumps and listings of VTAM, Netview, and Connect Direct software, utility routines and systems processors in order to locate errors, suggest and develop corrections;
* Provide 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, problem-solving response.