To meet Entry Level (Grade 01), candidate must -
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
- Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease.
- Satisfactory completion (no convictions of child abuse, molestation, neglect, or battering; or drug related offense) of Local and National Background Checks.
To meet Skill Level (Grade 01), candidate must -
Meet Entry-level requirements and
- Possess three (3) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
- Completion of Army Entry Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent).
- Meet Entry-level requirements and demonstrated satisfactory performance.
- One year of education above high school level which included nine (9) semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration, recreation or related behavioral sciences, or one (1) year vocational certificate in childcare.
To meet Target Level (Grade 02), candidate must -
Meet entry-level requirements and
- Meet skill-level requirements and demonstrated satisfactory performance.
- Possess twelve (12) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
- Completion of Army Foundation Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent).
- Two (2) years of education above the High School level, which includes twelve (12)- semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration or related behavioral sciences.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria, and/or other characteristics.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.