Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan, - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
You Can Make a Difference!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the VA Acquisition Academy in Frederick, MD.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities, i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities, and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
The Training Specialist plans, designs and develops training materials and implements acquisition training programs for the VA Acquisition Academy. Specifically, the Training Specialist:
· Reviews implementation of the Academy plans in the assigned areas to monitor their effectiveness;
· Establishes trainings and conferences to promote the Academy acquisition training programs;
· Develops and administers programs for improving the technical competence of the VA acquisition workforce;
· Determines course learning objectives and teaching methods, including designing curricula;
· Plans, organizes and/or conducts acquisition seminars for VA employees;
· Trains instructors in support of new policies and programs to be implemented by acquisition workforce.
View Assessment Questions