Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition Operations located in Frederick, MD.
Area of Consideration: Current Permanent Department of Veterans Affairs employees.
Competitive Merit Promotion
*Current VA employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
*Current VA employees that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service, and the highest grade held.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
- Conduct comprehensive organization studies and surveys on effectiveness and efficiency resulting in changes in operation methods, organizational structures, assignments' responsibilities, manpower utilization, functional alignment and distribution of work.
- Maintains oversight accountability for manpower authorizations and monitors effectiveness of program activities in relation to program objectives and budgetary thresholds.
- Serve as the Human Resources representative and liaison between COHRS/OPM and the Strategic Acquisition Center; serve as the point of contact for personnel management actions providing technical advice and assistance in classification, staffing, performance management, benefits and incentive awards, etc.
- Formulates, directs, and manage budget requirements for programs which involve multiple appropriations, to include operations and maintenance and revolving fund appropriations.
- Serve as operations and IT manager for the facility, ensuring continuity of operations, management of lease/hoteling contract, overseeing of facility leasing, security and IT market research.
View Assessment Questions