This position is located in the Executive Planning Office, National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI), Smithsonian Institution. The employee is responsible for planning and managing designated projects for the museum.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
- Leads a multi-disciplinary team of museum personnel assigned to the project from across the museum, from inception through completion.
- Collaborates with representatives from the following functional areas: collections, curatorial, conservation, registration, exhibition design, exhibition fabrication, media, information technology, fundraising, special events, publications, and administration and finance.
- Manages the most complex projects in the museum, i.e. those that draw upon museum-wide resources, rely on multi-year federal and uncertain trust funding, require coordination of multiple external constituents, rely on changing technologies, or have tight budget or schedule constraints.
- Responsible for oversight of all project contractors.
- Oversees and manages all contracts required for the successful completion of assigned projects.
- Maintains contact with project team members and contractors in order to coordinate efforts, resolve problems, obtain and relay information, interpret project timelines and requirements, and represent museum priorities and interests.