The incumbent of this position serves as a Product Line Manager and Division Chief at the U.S. Coast Guard, Operations Systems Center (OSC), located in Kearneysville, WV.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Supervising a group of employees performing work at the GS-14 level.
- Providing advice and counsel to workers related to work and administrative matters.
- Serving as member of OSC senior management staff, providing expertise and oversight of national programs with precedent-setting issues.
- Planning and carrying out programs, resolves conflicts, integrates and coordinates the work of others as necessary, and interprets policies in terms of established objectives.
- Providing authoritative and comprehensive advice and assistance to ensure the integrations and validation of budget program and institutionally managed requirements.
- Administering a variety of management analysis studies.
- Developing and implementing agency-wide project management procedures, tools, templates, activities, and infrastructure to align agency internal business practices with government-wide regulations and policies.
- Planning, organizing, and overseeing group efforts and project that are aimed at improving work processes and administrative services for key OSC programs.
- Planning, establishing, and directing of quality improvement program encompassing extremely large, difficult, and diverse projects for OSC.
- Providing overall leadership to planning for major committees, conferences, and/or symposia.