Apply to National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) now and work with some of the most talented investigators in this country and abroad who are committed to improving global health in the 21st century. Make a difference in the lives of millions. Your individual talents are needed as we assimilate unprecedented funding and mobilize science to protect public health.
This position is located in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Vaccine Research Center (VRC).
If selected for this position, you will serve as an expert specialist and technical advisor for a variety of duties and functions involving the field of bioinformatics. Specifically, you will:
- Serve as an expert resource within NIAID on bioinformatics solutions to the compilation, storage, retrieval, analysis, and dissemination of biomedical research information;
- Coordinate and integrate activities of the technical IT and contract staff, scientific program staff and administrative offices pertaining to the exploration, acquisition, development, and implementation of bioinformatics tools and applications;
- Develop new user interfaces for deep sequencing analysis pipeline development of T and B cell receptor sequence databases;
- Develop and implement new and existing tools for analysis of whole genome deep sequencing data;
- Conduct comprehensive evaluations and assessments of the effectiveness of bioinformatics proposals and solutions to provide findings, conclusions, and recommendations to technical and program staff; and
- Provide state-of-the-art research and bioinformatics support as a member of the PI's research team, in the form of development, modification, and utilization of bioinformatics applications.