RED RIVER ARMY DEPOT - BUILDING IT AS IF OUR LIVES DEPEND ON IT. THEIRS DO!
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army! Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to for a Total Army. An MWR (Morale, Welfare, and Recreation) career offers you an opportunity to work in an organization that serves our Nation and those who defend it worldwide. MWR provides services to Soldiers, Families, Retirees, and Civilians. Welcome to Red River Army Depot MWR!
As a Material Sorting & Classifier you will collect, receive, identify, sort, pack boxes, move material to baler machine, and operate the baler insuring the material is correct for the process. You will identify the recycle material during the sorting process in accordance with general instructions, standard procedures, and policies of the Recycle Program.
This is a Flexible (FLEX) position with no guaranteed hours. FLEX employees are not entitled to leave or benefits.
As a Material Sorting & Classifier your duties include but are not limited to:
- Collect, receive, identify, sort, pack boxes, and move material to baler machine.
- Operate baler insuring the material is correct for the process.
- Identify the recycle material during the sorting process in accordance with general instructions and standard procedures and policies of the recycle operation.
- Operate gas or diesel-powered forklift trucks capable of lifting up to 6,000 pounds and positioning loads as high as 168 inches.
- Operate forklift to load truck trailers using inclined ramps.
- Move, load, unload, transfer, transport, stack, and unstack recycle material, other goods, boxes, crates, and equipment using a forklift truck in support of the recycle operations.
- Maintain the vehicle log book and maintain equipment as required.
- Occasionally obtain fuel from remote locations, which may require the use of a recycle pickup truck.
- Drive a 1/2 ton, stable body, and stake body truck with a gross weight of more than 7,000 pounds, but less than 22,000 pounds.
- Operate equipment without assistance.
- Properly load the cargo assuring that it is secure and protected from becoming a hazard or causing lots of material that would litter the post grounds or roadways.
- Complete trip tickets, perform "operator maintenance", complete service records, and responsible for any incident reports as related to accidents.
- Drive other vehicles of other sizes or types when required by workload or when primary trucks are in for service.
- Drive on off post roads and highways.
- Perform other duties as assigned.