Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Palo Alto, CA United StatesView Map
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 888786
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/ .
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This position is being filled under the TCF Recent Graduates Program. TCF is a national workforce development program within VHA that was designed to replenish technical staff in critically identified positions. The TCF career fields represent those technical fields where VA-specific knowledge and experience is desirable for success in the field.
Individuals selected for these positions are trained, coached, and supervised by a preceptor. Preceptors are selected annually, through an extensive application process, for their technical expertise, their commitment to training and the suitability of their facility as a training location.
If selected for the TCF Recent Graduate Program, you will follow a formal training plan for 2 years. During the first year, you will be under a temporary appointment in the excepted service. Participants who are successfully meeting the requirements at the end of their first year are eligible for conversion to a permanent appointment or a term appointment (1-4 years in duration) without further competition. This conversion is at the agency's discretion.
Selectees will be required to sign Mobility, Training, Continued Service and Participant Agreements.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the TCF Recent Graduate Program you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a recent graduate who has completed, within the previous two years, an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution such as an accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum. Note: Certificate program is defined as post-secondary education in a qualifying educational institution equal to at least one academic year of full-time study that's part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
- Veterans (as defined in 5 USC 2108) who, due to military service obligation, were precluded from applying to the Recent Graduates Program during any portion of the 2-year eligibility period described above have a full 2-year period of eligibility upon their release or discharge from active duty; however, this eligibility period cannot extend beyond 6 years from the date of completion of the requirements of an academic course of study.
- You must be a US citizen to apply for this job
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required.