Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current Food and Drug Administration (FDA) employees with competitive status only at the National Center for Toxicological Research in Jefferson, Arkansas. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 (AND DD-214 IF APPLICABLE).
This position is located in the Office of Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management at NCTR in Jefferson, Arkansas.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
- Ensure the Center adheres to all pertinent rules for environmental practice, occupational safety and health, and good laboratory practices (GLP)
- Define and manage the scope of work and Centers program for physical, personal security and emergency response.
- Develop, recommend, and implement Center operational policies and procedures in the areas of environmental and occupational safety and health and radiation safety.
- Conduct analyses in order to identify, interpret, and develop alternatives and options to complex issues and problems associated with a national Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management Program.
- Provides administrative supervision and technical direction to multidisciplinary professional, scientific, and administrative staff.
- Assess program capabilities, and undertake action to plan future approaches.
- Assign, direct, and evaluate work of employees.
- Collaborate and provide expert consultation to public health officials, other senior management, and Federal agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships among a variety of national and international public health agencies, academic institutions.
- Provide authoritative oral presentations and present and balanced analysis on a variety of regulatory compliance and risk management programs.
- Provide technical briefings and other documents related to health science and compliance with regulatory policies, programs, and procedures to senior management, Federal, State, and local officials.
- Justify recommendations and solutions to highly complex regulatory compliance and risk management issues, and to persuade others to accept and implement those solutions.
- Prepare memoranda, briefings, and scientific papers concerning substantive regulatory compliance matters in order to inform others at key decisions.