SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
- GS-12: Experience carrying out applied research tasks to support studies that have as their objective coupling mechanical response and fluid flow in engineered-geological systems for a broad set of projects related to CO2 storage, risk assessment, and unconventional oil and gas (i.e., shale gas, deepwater, and methane hydrates).
- GS-13: Experience assisting as a team member in defining and carrying out research studies that have as their objective coupling mechanical response and fluid flow in engineered-geological systems for a broad set of projects related to CO2 storage, risk assessment, and unconventional oil and gas (i.e., shale gas, deepwater, and methane hydrates).
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge of the principles, theories, practices, and established methodology of simulation modeling of fluid flow in porous permeable systems and in fractured low permeability systems.
- Skill in coupling reduced order geological system models for integration into predictive life assessment models.
- Skill in evaluating geochemistry/geophysics of rock/fluid interactions, conducting field sampling and laboratory analyses using geochemical and geomechanical techniques, and performing thermodynamic equilibrium modeling.
- Ability to formulate research concepts and develop projects, including formal external collaborations and partnerships.
- Skill in effective written and oral communications.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
EDUCATION: Education requirements can be viewed at OPM's website—Professional Engineering; General Physical Sciences. The Group Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific positions contains additional information pertaining specifically to Research Positions.
You must provide documentation supporting your education claims. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- This position is included in the bargaining unit.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.