"Since it's founding in 1961, the US Agency for International Development has invested in innovative, cost-effective solutions that save millions of lives..."
USAID is an independent Federal Government agency that receives overall foreign policy guidance from the Secretary of State. With headquarters in Washington, D.C., USAID fosters transformational development around the world. Our work supports economic growth and trade; agriculture and the environment; education and training; democracy and governance; global health; global partnerships and humanitarian assistance. We operate in four regions of the world: Sub-Saharan Africa; Asia and the Near East; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Europe and Eurasia. For more information on USAID please click on the link: www.usaid.gov
This position is located in The Bureau for Management, Office of The Chief Financial Officer, Financial Policy & Support Division (M/CFO/FPS). In this position, you will serve as a Systems Accountant responsible for participating in all areas affecting agency-wide financial management. You will be responsible for ensuring that USAID financial policies, procedures and systems are maintained in accordance with Federal laws, regulations, procedures and instructions set forth by Congress. For more specific job duties, please see the "Duties" section of this vacancy announcement.
This same position is concurrently being announced under AID-13-0009-DM. The area of consideration for that announcement US Citizens and Nationals.
If you are interested in this position, please read the vacancy announcement in its entirety and follow the instructions listed under "HOW TO APPLY".
- Participates in all arenas affecting agency-wide financial management matters and is responsible for ensuring that USAID financial policies, procedures and systems are maintained in accordance with (1) Federal laws, regulations, procedures and instructions set forth by Congress, General Accounting Office (GAO), Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Department of Treasury General Service Agency (GSA) and Joint Financial Management Improvement Program Requirements.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert and manages all official communications related to financial directives for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and worldwide financial management community; monitors and researches external and internal communications for impact on agency-wide financial policy related to USAID’s ADS600 Finance series and other applicable ADS.
- Develops and/or participates on teams that develop strategies for planning and implementing financial policies, procedures, and management controls for a significant organizational component or to fulfill multi-year objectives for a program with agency-wide impact.
- Provides financial advice to management officials for proper program planning and effective decision-making. Provides financial advice applicable to all stages of program planning and policy formulation; serves as a technical authority in determining short- and long-range program goals, objectives, and key indicators that measure program performance; collaborates with high-level program management officials in planning annual program activities.
- Exercises considerable judgment and ingenuity in advocating the benefits of implementing business-driven quality and process improvement approaches. Participates in the development of operational plans. Assists in the planning, directing, and coordination of the implementation and execution of approved policies, programs, and services related to accounting systems.
- Develops procedural manuals, methods, and directives for the validation of accounting data. Maintains a comprehensive review and analysis of all executive, legislative, and regulatory actions as well as Agency internal policies and required procedures to ensure that all data requirements are imposed and are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Applies cost accounting standards and principles to ensure full and proper utilization of cost accounting functions, including analyses and reconciliations, financial reporting assignments, accounting control, obligations and cost documents reviews, USAID systems implementation, and procedure development and implementation.