You may also substitute successful completion of a Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in an accredited college or university, or a J.D. OR L.L.B. degree may be substituted for experience at the GS-9 grade level. Such education must demonstrate the skills needed to do the work. A course of study in business administration, public administration, or related fields is qualifying. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 36 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 2 years of full-time study requirement.
Combining Specialized Experience and Education: If you do not qualify based on experience or education alone, you may be able to qualify based on a combination of your experience and education. For more information on combining education and experience, visit the following website: http://beta.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Selective Placement Factor: You must have experience using AutoCAD software.
Probationary Period: You may be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year.
The qualifications for this position must be met by 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement (Friday, May 17, 2013).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your résumé and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, we will place you in one of three categories based on your responses to the on-line questionnaire regarding experience, education and training.
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Well-Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
- Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job are:
· Written and Oral Communication
· Project Management
· Analytical Skills
NOTE: Your resume and supporting documentation will be verified. If you rated yourself higher than what is supported by your application material, you may be excluded from consideration for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment
If you fall into best qualified category, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. To preview the job questionnaire, click here View Assessment Questions
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here to access OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under CTAP/ ICTAP, you must be placed in the Well-Qualified category for this position, as described above. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement.
Veterans: Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they qualify. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific, professional at the GS-09 grade level, or higher. This position is not considered scientific/professional. For information on veterans' preference, please click here.
On November 21, 2011, The President signed the VOW (Veterans Opportunity to Work) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011 (Public Law 112-56). The VOW Act amended chapter 21 of title 5, United States Code (U.S.C.) by adding section 2108a, "Treatment of certain individuals as veterans, and preference eligible."
This job opportunity announcement (JOA) includes Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011 (Public Law 112-56). Active duty service members who have begun their civilian job search prior to discharge or release from active duty will know how their application will be considered.
· Applicants who are active duty service members and apply for federal employment shall be considered for competitive service positions and granted tentative veteran's preference status when they submit a certification, in lieu of a DD214, when applying to a federal job.
· A certification is any written document from the armed forces that certifies that the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days from the date of the certification is signed.
· Based on the immediate need to fill this position, the service member must be within the 120 day timeline and an actual expected date of discharge or separation must be clearly defined, or they will not be considered at this time.