Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
Join dedicated outpatient clinical staff whose joint efforts with individuals, families, and communities prevent and treat illness. The Indian Health Service in the Pacific Northwest provides healthcare to American Indians and Alaska Natives living in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHICH JOB OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT SHOULD I APPLY UNDER?
This Job Opportunity Announcement is a Direct Hire (DHA) one. To be eligible for this position under the Direct Hire (DHA) hiring plan, you must be a U.S. Citizen. There is only ONE position available but the position is also being announced under Announcement # IHS-13-WR-888690-ESEP/MP for those who want to be considered under Merit Promotion Plan/Excepted Service Examining Plan. If you wish to be considered under all hiring plans you must submit an application to both Job Opportunity Announcements.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Portland Area Office, Fort Hall Service Unit, FORT HALL, IDAHO .
POSITION DETAILS: ONE Fulltime Permanent position to be filled
Salary range: $80,455.00- $95,539.00 (Annually)
- Promotion Potential: NONE
- Travel Required: NO
- Supervisory/Managerial Position: NO
- Relocation Expenses: No Travel Expenses Paid: Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the employee.
- Is position covered by PL 101-630? YES (See more information under the Benefits/Other Tab)
- Is drug testing required? NO
- Is government housing available? NO
- Is this a bargaining unit position? NO
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
WHAT ARE THE MAJOR DUTIES OF THE JOB?
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
- Design, recommend, monitor, and evaluate patient-specific pharmacotherapy.
- Provide medication use and other pertinent education for patients and caregivers.
- Use pharmacy technical and clerical personnel effectively.
- Effectively manage one's own practice.
- Participate in meeting the goals and objectives of the department to ensure the attainment of the clinic's goals and objectives.