Qualifications include both leadership skills and characteristics that are applicable to all SES positions and technical or program responsibilities specific to the position.
Eligibility for this position will be based upon a clear showing that the applicant has had experience of the scope and quality sufficient to effectively carry out the responsibilities of this position. The best qualified candidates will be distinguished from other applicants by an evaluation panel of subject matter experts referencing the blow listed Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and technical qualifications (TQs). All factors are mandatory unless stated otherwise.
This position has been evaluated to be a Tier B position under the DoD OIG SES Personnel Management and Compensation System.
1. Mastery level knowledge of United States Congress structure, operations, culture, and the legislative processes and activities; and expert level skill in interpreting complex legislation (including draft and proposed legislation), law, regulation and policy relevant to DoD and to the DoD OIG.
2. Expert level ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with members of Congress and their staff, senior leaders of Legislative and Executive Branch Departments, agencies and offices, the public, and the press, concerning the following: 1) complex issues related to the agencys mission and budget, 2) maintaining good working relations, and 3) coordinated planning, analysis, reporting, and implementation efforts.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS
1. LEADING CHANGE. The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. LEADING PEOPLE. The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. RESULTS DRIVEN. The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. BUSINESS ACUMEN. The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. BUILDING COALITIONS/COMMUNICATION. The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
This position has been designated as Special Sensitive; incumbent is required to be eligible (and maintain eligibility) for a Top Secret Security Clearance (TS).
The incumbent of this position is required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and is subject to random drug testing for the duration of service with the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General.
You may be required to travel both in the Continental United States, as well as overseas locations.
An initial appointment to the Senior Executive Service requires completion of a one-year probationary period.
You will be required to complete a Public Financial Disclosure Form, SF-278, upon entrance on duty and annual thereafter.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
All applicants are required to submit a resume, a narrative statement addressing each of the Technical Qualifications (TQs) and a narrative statement addressing each Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs). The ECQ statement, addressing all five ECQs, is limited to a maxium of ten pages.
NOTE: Current Career SES members, Career Senior Executive Reinstatement Eligibles and graduates of OPM certified Candidate Development Program (CDPs) are not required to submit the narrative statement for Executive Core Qualifications. Acceptable documentation to verify this information is included in the How to Apply Section. Please provide a well-written qualification statement. To give readers, executive resources staff, rating and selecting officials, and the Qualification Review Board (QRB) members specific information about your achievements. For more detailed information please click on the following link: http://www.opm.gov/ses/recruitment/qualify.asp