Job Title:Investor Advocate
Agency:Securities and Exchange Commission
Job Announcement Number:13-EX-888592-NW
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$200,000.00 to $230,700.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, May 07, 2013 to Friday, June 07, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Washington DC, DC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Non Citizens|
The Securities and Exchange Commission's mission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation.
The agency seeks high-caliber employees who share the same values of integrity, fairness, accountability, resourcefulness, teamwork, and commitment to excellence.
The SEC offers the standard Federal benefits, plus a number of exceptional enhanced pay and benefits, including:
· The SEC also has a Student Loan Repayment program for permanent employees. Up to $10,000 a year (60K cap) in student loan repayments for those who meet program criteria
· Paid dental insurance and vision insurance
· Increased agency subsidy for health insurance which supplements your health benefits premiums by $25 for self-only coverage, and $50 for family coverage
· Mass transportation subsidy up to $245 per month
· Telework Opportunities
· Domestic Partner Health Insurance Reimbursement Program
As required by section 915 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, the head of the Office shall be the Investor Advocate, who shall report directly to the Chairman; and be appointed by the Chairman, in consultation with the Commission, from among individuals having experience in advocating for the interests of investors in securities and investor protection issues, from the perspective of investors.
This position is in the Office of the Investor Advocate, located in Washington, DC.
Note: A person serving as the Investor Advocate may not have been employed by the Commission during the 2-year period ending on the date of appointment as Investor Advocate; AND a person having served as Investor Advocate may not be employed by the Commission during the 5-year period beginning on the date on which the person ceases to serve as the Investor Advocate.
*The minimum and maximum salary is $230,700.
- This position is open to U.S. citizens and persons lawfully admitted for
- permanent residence and seeking citizenship as outlined in
- 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)(B).