Job Title: ITS Specialist (CUSTSPT)Job Announcement Number: 13-064
Department: Department of the Army
Agency: Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Tuesday, May 07, 2013 to
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Centennial, CO United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
All groups of qualified individuals
Colorado National Guard Dual Status
Colorado National Guard Dual Status Technician Announcement Technicians are employed under the authority of Title 32 USC, Section 709, which states, in part, that technicians are to be employed in "the administration and training of the National Guard," and "the maintenance and repair of supplies issued to the National Guard."
The following documents are required to be part of your application to be considered for this position
(YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED IF YOU FAIL TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING):
Colorado Application Checklist: http://co.ng.mil/jobs/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx
A current Resume and/or OF 612
Specialized Experience documented in resume with mm/yy - mm/yy format (see instructions below)
Your DD214 (if available) or Service School Certificate awarding your MOS/AFSC
If substituting education for Specialized Experience, include transcripts
AREA OF CONSIDERATION
Current Enlisted members of the Colorado Army National Guard (COARNG) and those eligible to transfer into the COARNG
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT
MAXIMUM MILITARY GRADE
MINIMUM MILITARY GRADE
**Secret Security Clearance**
This position is located in an information management organization. The purpose of this position is to serve as the primary interface between the incumbent's assigned organization and all information systems customers associated with the C4 mission. Responsible for management of the organization's customer support help desk and maintenance of the workload accounting database using help desk software.
- Membership in the Colorado National Guard
- Must hold the grade of E-1 to E-7
- MOS Immaterial
- Participation in Direct Deposit is mandatory
- Submit All Required Documentation
- Secret Security Clearance
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE NOTE Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position. An applicants RESUME must provide in detail how they meet each specialized experience bullet listed below. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience. DO NOT copy each bullet listed below word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each bullet. You will be immediately disqualified if you fail to include this information in your resume (we will not make any assumptions regarding your experience).
To Qualify for the GS-09 you must have 24 months experience in EACH of the following:
1. Experience in analysis of the interrelationship of pertinent components of the system.
2. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment.
3. Experience scheduling the sequence of programs to be processed by computers where alternatives had to be weighed with view to production efficiency.
4. Experience operating and maintaining both Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System and Microsoft Office 2007 and newer.
To Qualify for the GS-11 you must have 36 months experience in EACH of the following:
1. Experience that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization.
2. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls.
3. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment.
4. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
For the GS-5 level, a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree may be substituted for the experience requirements. At the GS-7 level, on full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement. At the GS-9 level, a masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree may be substituted. At the GS-11 level, a Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Major study-computer science, information science, information systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, or engineering, or course work that required the development or adaptation of computer programs and systems and provided knowledge equivalent to a major in the computer field.
- Military skill set is determined by AFSC/MOS requirements. Upon selection, individuals must be assigned to a compatible military AFSC/MOS in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations and must obtain/maintain all requirements of the AFSC/MOS. Specific requirements are found in: references listed below, NGB Compatibility tables and your local Personnel section.
- For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed.
- For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
NGB Qualification Standard GS-2210-09-11 / Position Description D0268000