Qualifications for Regulatory Counsel, GS-0301-9
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal Service, assisting in researching regulatory issues or analyzing problems to identify significant factors, get pertinent data, recognize solutions, plan and organize work and convey information.
Have a master's or equivalent graduate degree; or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related; or a combination of experience and education required for this grade level.
Qualifications for Regulatory Counsel, GS-0301-11
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal Service, researching regulatory issues and revising existing or creating new policies and regulations.
Have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related; or a combination of experience and education required for this grade level.
Note: A J.D. is desirable, but not required for this position.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: Maybe
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
11. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: Maybe
12. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
13. Financial disclosure statement may be required. Certain positions within the FDA are subject to restrictions on financial holdings specifically FDA regulated financial holdings. This position could be subject to these restrictions. During the application and interview process, and prior to accepting this position, we advise applicants to seek additional information from the FDA Ethics Office at (301) 827-5511.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher). Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of laws and regulations as it pertains to regulatory products.
2. Ability to analye problems and develop legally supportable solutions, policies, and procedures.
3. Skill in written communication.
4. Skill in oral communication.