**BEFORE YOU APPLY PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT**
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
"We Train Those Who Protect Our Homeland." The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) is a unique inter-agency organization that prepares the next generation of law enforcement officers to meet the nation's most pressing security challenges. To see an informational video and learn more about the FLETC's vital Homeland Security Mission, please click here.
This position is located in the General Investigative Skills Branch (GIS), Investigative Operations Division (IOD), Office of Mission Support (OMS), Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), Glynco, GA. The mission of the IOD is to provide agents and officers with contemporary investigative and scientific skills necessary to perform their respective law enforcement functions and to deliver training that defeats current and emerging threats from economic crime and terrorism.
More than one position may be filled should the need arise.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Being an instructor in the Investigative Operations Division makes you a valuable member of the FLETC team. Selected individual will perform the following:
- Serves as an instructor in the assigned program/course areas of law enforcement.
- Using the lesson plan as a guide, the incumbent conducts training in basic and advanced areas such as the: Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP) and Introduction to Criminal Investigations (ICITP).
- Courses instructed by IOD/GIS include Physical Evidence, Identity Documents, Fingerprints, Criminal Investigations and Case Management, Report Writing and Documentation, Surveillance, Operational Planning, Execution of a Search Warrant, Undercover Operations, and Radio communications.
- IOD conducts advanced export training (off site) at other Federal, State and municipal facilities around the country on an as-needed basis. The incumbent is subject to travel while participating in these activities. There is considerable planning and logistical activity associated with such efforts.
- Monitoring progress of students, documenting results, and/or recommending remedial and corrective action to include additional training and changes in training and/or operational procedures and instructions.
- Under the guidance of a senior instructor, participates in developing course and program materials in the investigative instructional field.