Department:Department of Defense
Agency:Defense Logistics Agency
Job Announcement Number:DLANAFLL13887988
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Monday, May 06, 2013 to
Sunday, May 12, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Part Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
New Cumberland, PA United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Non Citizens |
America's Logistics Combat Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
This position is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position with DLA Installation Support at Susquehanna in the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Division.
- Direct Deposit is Required
- Social Security Card is Required
DUTIES:Back to top
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical functions in support of the activity to which assigned. Receives and reviews incoming documents for completeness taking or coordinating and tracking required action. Establishes and maintains offices files in accordance with regulatory guidance/procedures. Responds to customer inquires and complaints providing general information and assistance concerning office function, established procedures, etc. May be responsible for automated time and attendance processing.
May perform a variety of complex typing.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Minimum Qualifications. Progressively responsible clerical experience, which involved the use of calculations and personal computers to include Microsoft Office. Must be able to type 40 WPM.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred candidates will possess at least one year of work experience performing clerical or administrative duties in an office setting.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check IAW AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
5. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check
6. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
7. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required. -- For CYS positions only
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applications will be evaluated for basic qualifications requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position.
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date reflected on the announcement.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov/. After applying, return to Application Manager or your member account in USAJOBS to see the status of your application, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire,
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov./forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
1. Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 887988
2. Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The following documents are required:
Résumé or Optional Application for Nonappropriated Employment (DA 3433/DA3433-1). For Child and Youth Services positions the DA 3433-2 must be submitted as well.
DA form 3433 can be found at: http://www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/pdf/a3433.pdf
DA form 3433-1 can be found at: http://www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/pdf/a3433_1.pdfDA form 3433-2 can be found at: http://www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/pdf/a3433_2.pdf.
Questionnaire must be completed.
Veterans' and Involuntary Separated Military Preference documentation (DD-214 member 4 copy) required.
PCS Orders for Military Spouses requesting Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) required.
Certificates, licenses and additional documentation as outlined in the qualifications of this announcement must be submitted.
Use this checklist to make sure you've submitted everything!
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review will be made of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. Applicants that are found qualified may be referred to the hiring official for consideration. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision. Be sure to check your USA Jobs account for your notification updates.