USAIDs headquarters is centrally located in downtown Washington, DC, at the prestigious Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center on 14th and Pennsylvania Avenue N.W. We are located right on the Federal Triangle Metro (Blue and Orange Lines). The office is within walking distance of restaurants, shops, Smithsonian Institution museums and Washington Monument.
Serves as a Branch Manager in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO). Manages a federal workforce at the GS-13 and/or GS-14 level, which oversees IT project managers, application and systems developers, customer service representatives, data management specialists, and/or other technical specialties required to develop, implement, and maintain an Agency Information Technology (IT) program.
As a Supervisory IT Specialist (APPSW) you will:
- Supervise a group of employees performing work at the GS-13 and 14 levels. Provides administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit.
- Provide administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit
- Perform the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised
- Provide expert technical advice in the monitoring and evaluation of contractor activities on contracts covering agency-wide IT systems
- Collaborate with vendors and end users on a daily basis to ensure that contract requirements are met, and that all activities are performed in compliance with the terms of the contract
- Develop and implement solutions to solve issues and problems associated with agency-wide IT programs
- Oversees and manage USAID IT projects or the implementation of critical applications software