QUALIFICATIONS: GS-09: One year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service) obtained in either the private or public sector such as such as preparing documentation and justifications to support pre and post award contract actions. OR possess a Master's or equivalent degree related to the position to be filled, or 2 years of progressively higher graduate level education leading to such a degree or LL.B or J.D., if related. If qualifying based on education, you MUST submit transcripts. OR have a combination of related education and specialized experience that together equal 100 percent of the required basic qualifications for the GS-09. AND
Possess a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field; OR At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. NOTE: You must submit transcripts.AND
Successfully completed ALL of the required training course requirements and hold/have held a Federal Acquisition Certification in Contract at Level I: Additional information can be found at www.fai.gov/certification/fac2.asp. You MUST submit your level I certification with your application if have one. OR Have completed some but not all training that would qualify me to hold a Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting at Level I: You MUST submit a copy of all training certificates that would qualify for this level of certification.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
TIME-IN-GRADE: If you are a current career or career-conditional federal employee applying for promotion under Merit Promotion you must have completed a minimum of 52 weeks in positions at the next level lower than the position being filled
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. *** For further information, click on: Foreign Education
REQUIREMENTS: All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.If you are applying for a special selection priority under SBA's Career Transition Assistance Plan (open to surplus SBA employees only) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (open to surplus and displaced Federal employees), you must submit proof of eligibility. Information about CTAP and ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at: CTAP/ICTAP .
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS : A background security investigation may be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants meeting basic qualification requirements will be further evaluated on the information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire, click on the following link: View Assessment Questions. You will be rated based on your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The occupational questions relate to the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) required to do the work of this position:
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) including applicable clauses and contract provisions.
- Knowledge of current and historical regulations, General Accounting Office (GAO) decisions and basic legal precedence pertaining to awards made under the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Skill in generating correspondence and reports regarding procurement matters to senior contracting specialist and senor contracting management.
- Skill in preparing written guidance and decisions to explain and defend decisions to senior contracting specialists and senior contracting management.
- Skill in utilizing counseling, negotiation and other persuasive techniques in working with contractors, staff, management and other external contracts.
For Delegated Examining (all US Citizens), your application will be evaluated under the Category Rating method based on your responses to the assessment questions. You will receive a score based on the responses to the assessment questions (to view the questions click here View Assessment Questions. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. If you meet basic requirements for the position, your application will be evaluated and placed into one of three categories:
1. Best-Qualified: highly proficient with an overall comprehensive level of knowledge, skills and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
2. Well-Qualified: competent in the position with an overall accomplished level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, training, and education as applicable, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
3. Qualified: an overall basic level of knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the job based on a complete review of experience, education, and training, as described in an applicant's responses to the assessment questions and resume.
Candidates eligible for veterans' preference will be placed ahead of other candidates in the appropriate category for which they have been rated. Additionally, preference eligibles who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent and who meet Minimum Qualification Requirements will automatically be placed in the Best Qualified Category.
Merit Promotion and Non-competitive applicants will not be evaluated using Category Rating. Applicants meeting basic requirements will further be evaluated on the information provided in the occupational questionnaire.