Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
The Indian Health Service (IHS), an agency within the Department of Health and Human Services, is responsible for providing federal health services to American Indians and Alaska Natives. The IHS provides a comprehensive health services delivery system for American Indians and Alaska Natives with opportunity for maximum tribal involvement in developing and managing programs to meet their health needs.
To be eligible for this position under the Delegated Examining (DE) hiring plan, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
This position is also being announced under Announcement # IHS-13-NN-875434-MP/ESEP for those who want to be considered under Merit Promotion Plan/Excepted Service Examining Plan. If you wish to be considered under all hiring plans you must submit an application to both job opportunity announcements.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Northern Navajo Medical Center (NNMC), Shiprock, NM United States 1 vacancy
POSITION DETAILS: Permanent - 1 position to be filled
Salary range: $71,674.00- $93,175.00(Annually)
Other additional compensation which a physician may be eligible for are Recruitment Incentive (Maximum of 25% of base pay); Initial and Renewal of Retention Incentive (maximum of 25% of base pay when necessary); Market Pay.
Promotion potential: None
Merit Promotion Position: No
Travel Required: Yes, occasional
Supervisory/Managerial Position: Yes, You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Relocation Expenses Paid: Relocation expenses are not authorized and will not be paid.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? Yes (See item #2 in the How to Apply Tab)
Is drug testing required? No
Is government housing available? No
Is this a bargaining unit position? No
Alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays? Yes
This position requires that you obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from the Federal service.
Who may apply section
Any U.S. Citizen
- visit firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Who May Apply
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
The incumbent serves as the Chief Dental Officer with the medical/dental care and administrative service responsibilities.
- Performs a full range of professional dental duties in connection with the treatment of commonly encountered dental diseases or dental health problems requiring standard corrective, restorative or preventive measures.
- Manage the direct dental budget and oversees approval of the services for the health care center contact care dental referrals.
- Provides quality care and assures quality patient care is rendered by other staff and provides within the Dental Department.
- Performs administrative duties such as planning, directing, organizing work, supervising subordinates, and evaluating all aspects of the dental service program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.