This position is located in the Latin America Division, Spanish Service of the Voice of America. Incumbent serves as an International Broadcaster responsible for conceiving, planning, researching, writing and broadcasting original video scripts of a highly complex nature and for providing Internet content for web sites.
THIS POSITION IS COVERED BY A UNION AGREEMENT
THIS POSITION IS A FULL-TIME TERM APPOINTMENT. TERM APPOINTMENTS MAY BE EXTENDED UP TO 4 YEARS AT THE DISCRETION OF MANAGEMENT AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE REGULATIONS.
INTRODUCTION TO AGENCY
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent federal agency, is an exciting, multicultural organization that encompasses all U.S. civilian international broadcasting. The BBG is comprised of the Voice of America, which delivers high quality, multimedia programming in 44 languages to audiences worldwide; the Office of Cuba Broadcasting (Radio and TV Marti); the International Broadcasting Bureau, which provides transmission, administrative, and other support services; and three grantee organizations - Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty; the Middle East Broadcasting Networks (Alhurra TV and Radio Sawa), and Radio Free Asia. Our staff of dedicated professionals serves as an example of a free and independent media, reaching a worldwide audience with news, information, and relevant discussions.
This vacancy is being advertised under delegated examining procedures and is open to all U.S. citizens. The vacancy is being concurrently advertised for applicants under Excepted Service for Non-U.S. Citizens under announcement #: NC-13-9128.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED NON-CITIZEN (NC) ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
The Full Performance Level: 12
- Prepares integrated, highly targeted, well-balanced scripts, television program or program segments, or Internet web presentations that captures the attention of the audience.
- Writes feature stories on a variety of subjects for television, or web posting. Materials are typically complex and sensitive and involve controversial subjects.
- Edits broadcast segments in Final Cut Pro, Dalet Plus and other digital platforms and or editing tools.
- Voices material for or during radio and/or television broadcasts.
- Initiates and conducts original interviews with a wide variety of subjects and news sources.
- Contributes to production elements including editing of taped material and production of live air shows.
- Prepares and/or presents news and feature materials in a studio or on location for radio/television simulcast. May serve as show host.