One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-11) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience defined as: experience serving as a senior Business Continuity Planner, providing oversight and program management for multiple programs, defining, establishing and maintaining roles and responsibilities for these programs; providing Organization-level Business Continuity Planning to include training on sound continuity principles, and serving as coordinator and advisor, communicating to management and internal/external customers on various projects.
Examples of specialized experience: applying knowledge of Business Continuity Planning to identify and analyze issues, and developing recommendations to resolve substantive problems related to Business Continuity Planning; developing exercises to be carried out by an business units and sites and providing guidance to organizational leaders on regulations or directives concerning Continuity of Operations Planning and Crisis Management System operations; assisting in program planning and assessment for readiness issues/programs; completing Risk and Vulnerability Assessments; conducting and evaluating Business Impact Analyses (BIAs) and established cost-effective strategies to ensure business continuance when necessary.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: This position requires a secret clearance. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
· Technical Credibility: Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise. Remains current with technology, tools, trends, and evolving practices in area of expertise.
· Project/Program Management: Plans, organizes and controls allocated resources to achieve predetermined objectives of scope, quality, time and cost, to the equal satisfaction of those involved.
· Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations. Critically evaluates to identify the causes of problems and chooses courses of action that balance the interests of the mission and stakeholders.
· Business Acumen: Manages human, financial, and information resources strategically.
DFAS recognizes the value of competencies gained through formal education and professional certifications. To ensure that consistent credit is given for these credentials in the selection process DFAS has developed standard selection criteria to be used when filling positions in professional and administrative series. Selections for professional and administrative positions will be based on four categories of selection criteria: Experience, Other, Education, and Certifications.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.