Job Title:Legislative Affairs Specialist
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:HQ-13-CAT-01-CI-00013
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$74,872.00 to $115,742.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, May 06, 2013 to Friday, August 2, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time - Permanent|
|FEW vacancies -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
All U.S. Citizens
This position is also advertised to status candidates as a Merit Promotion announcement, vacancy #HQ-13-MP-01-CI-00013.
The U. S. Office of Congressional and Intergovernmental Affairs(CI) promotes the Department of Energy Policies, programs and initiatives through liaison, communications, coordination and interaction with Congress, State, Tribal, City, and County Governments, other Federal agencies, stakeholders, and the general public. For more information please visit CI's website at: http://energy.gov/congressional/office-congressional-and-intergovernmental-affairs
The Office of Legislative Affairs is responsible for developing and recommending legislative strategies in connection with the Department’s policy and program initiatives.
A successful candidate in this position will:
- Work interactively with program officials to ensure that the Department’s senior staff officials are fully aware of Members’ interests and concerns.
- Provide responsive and timely research and analysis to Departmental officials on legislative and other energy issues.
- Facilitate testimony review, hearings coordination, scheduling and other staff work involving the Congressional hearings process.
- Serve as CI’s back-up point of contact with Congressional authorizing committees and the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for all authorization.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program
- Relocation is at your own expense
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
- This position is in the bargaining unit covered under NTEU.