The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define who we are, our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (I CARE).
America's Veterans need you!
To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-6. At the GS-5 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-6. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
This position is located at the Health Administration Center (HAC) in Denver, CO. You are responsible for processing applications and associated documents and input into an eligibility database. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Interprets returned eligibility information.
· Assures that beneficiaries receive all benefits to which they are entitled.
· Assists individuals in developing needed evidence and preparing required documents.
· Makes formal determination on applicants eligibility for benefits.
· Processes applications for benefits.
· Researches and resolves questions raised by beneficiaries, providers and other entities.
· Responds to incoming telephone calls from patients, family members and/or legal representatives.
· Accesses database system to validate caller has met security procedures.
· Works in a call center environment.
· Uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers.
· Inputs data into a computer system.
· Identifies callers issues and provides appropriate responses.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***