In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to follow instructions and safely operate the type of equipment required to accomplish the duties of the position.
Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to operate one or more motor vehicles including platform trucks, van trucks, fuel trucks, stake trucks, dump trucks, and trash removal trucks which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight of more than 11,700 kilograms (26,000 pounds) and up to 14,400 kilograms (less than 32,000 pounds). Experience operating vehicles and tractors, some of which may be equipped with special-purpose powered equipment. Experience operating platform, van, stake and dump trucks, refueling vehicles passenger buses or ambulance buses.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Skill to operate vehicles that may have limited maneuverability, more than one body, tow breaking systems or are oversized.
2. Knowledge of turning vehicles in evaluating the condition and load limits of bridges, scheduling weigh points and in accessing traffic conditions and hazards, locally and over long-distance routes in unfamiliar geographic areas.
3. Skill to operate vehicles over a variety of roads including interstate highways, narrow country roads and steep winding grades.
4. Ability and knowledge to couple and uncouple the truck tractor, semi-trailer, or truck and trailer and connect and disconnect the air brakes and electrical lines.
5. Knowledge to complete log books, maintenance records, reports, and other transportation documents for accurate accounting.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
ENLISTED MEMBERS ONLY
Compatible Military Assignments:
BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO BECOME A
MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD.
verify your basic eligibility for military membership please visit www.goang.com or call 1-800-togoang.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following documents:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.