NOTE: This is a full-time,TEMPORARY (not-to-exceed 13 months) position. This appointment may be renewed for additional service in accordance with Agency needs. Temporary positions do not offer health or life insurance benefits and may be terminated at any time before the expiration date. The appointment to a temporary position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-7. At the GS-5 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-7. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
This position is located at the VA Medical Center in Durham, NC. You are responsible for administering a battery of mental health and other health assessments. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Obtains accurate mental health assessments results and prevents relevant behavioral observations.
· Provides reliable score data sets.
· Administers and scores standard psychological and other assessments.
· Maintains an easy-to-use file and record system, recording and validating the scoring and other information on data files.
· Prepares materials for testing and maintains an appropriate physical setting which is essential for obtaining valid assessment and intervention results.
· Performs data collection and presentation in a medical environment adequate to ensure participants private information is protected.
· Uses standard work processing, data entry, spreadsheet, and graphic software packages required for Institutional Review Board Committee approvals, budget submissions, suspense tracking and administrative memorandums.
· Obtains quality interviews and explains project objectives.
· Uses and understands scientific and medical terminology.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***