Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
This Program Specialist position is located in the Multicultural Branch, Disability and Multicultural Division (D&MD), Office of Civil Rights and Liberties, Ombudsman and Traveler Engagement (CRL/OTE), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Typical duties include:
- Conducting inquiries into complex allegations of civil rights violations including gathering and analyzing evidence from video, documents, and conducting interviews with witnesses and complainants; collecting, preserving, and protecting evidence; determining the accuracy and relevance of information.
- Proposing findings of fact and conclusions of law based on the results of inquiries to supervisors and others.
- Writing inquiry summaries, fact-finding reports, phone logs, and other documents germane to completing inquiries, and response letters to the public.
- Representing the agency to the public through various forms of outreach.
- Working with passengers to identify their concerns and provide them with accurate information about security screening.
- Working with airports to provide assistance to individual travelers and groups of travelers.
- Independently using various software programs and databases (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, graphics) to complete assignments.
- Developing, generating, retrieving, and maintaining a variety of electronic reports.