Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
This Executive Assistant position is located in the Office of Global Strategies (OGS)/Front Office, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will work directly with the Assistant Administrator (AA) and other senior leadership of OGS. You will provide administrative and programmatic support of the work of the office, and relieve staff members of a variety of important administrative details which do not require immediate attention. Typical assignments will include but are not limited to:
- Initiating, tracking, and following up on cases and actions to ensure timely completion.
- Receiving, assessing, and distributing intelligence information related to transportation security threats and assisting with highly sensitive issues associated with international incidents in coordination with higher level management.
- Consolidating and maintaining program data in Excel spreadsheets. Performing analyses of OGS activities; pointing out potential discrepancies and making recommendations for improvement.
- Maintaining office records (electronic and paper) to inquiries, OGS staff actions, briefings, and other formal related administrative requests to ensure the information is easily retrieved and formatted for similar requests.
- Developing and implementing procedures for expediting the flow of work through the office.
- Analyzing and reviewing OGS administrative processes and procedures and making recommendations for improvement.
- Serving as the principal point of contact for the development and maintenance of the AA's schedule and daily briefing books.
- Preparing a variety of special sensitive and confidential reports.
- Assisting the AA/DAA in the development of action plans to accomplish TSA goals.
- Responding to inquiries and disseminating information for action.
- Monitoring and overseeing the calendars for the AA/DAA; screening all calls and visitors.
- Performing special projects and assignments to support TSA critical initiatives.
- Liaisoning with the DHS, Department of State, and other stakeholders on actions, data calls, scheduling, briefings, and visits.
- Coordinating policy and other official directives for review by the Division Directors.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position, SV-H Band. Typically, the lower Pay Band (SV-G Band) involves the same duties but will include more guidance and training; and the projects/work assignments may be less complex.