The Food and Drug Administration - Protecting and Promoting Your Health
Help protect public health by joining the FDA's Center for Devices & Radiological Health (CDRH). From reviewing applications for innovative medical devices to educating industry on relevant policies and regulations to providing accurate, science-based health information to the public, CDRH is at the forefront in ensuring the safety, efficacy, and security of the medical devices and radiation-emitting products that millions of Americans use daily.
One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
As a Branch Chief for the Office of In Vitro Diagnostics and Radiological Health, Division of Immunology and Hematology Devices, Immunology and Flow Cytometry Branch, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a scientific, technical, and support staff of approximately 12 people involved in the development and execution of in vitro diagnostic device classification, premarket approval, and research programs;
- Resolving complex or precedent setting issues related to the premarket approval applications, investigational device exemptions, and premarket notifications;
- Recommending new policies or procedures to resolve program problems or improve the effectiveness/efficiency of staff;
- Serving as a technical expert on in vitro diagnostic device matters to other government agencies, regulated industry, consumer groups, and researchers; and
- Representing the Agency in front of key external stakeholders (e.g. manufacturers, health care professionals, etc.) to gain their acceptance of new procedures or regulations