Job Title:Health Specialist-NIAID-MP
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NIAID-MP-13-868819
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Saturday, May 04, 2013 to
Monday, May 13, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles) |
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the Division of Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (DAIDS) which is responsible for a global research portfolio designed to end the HIV/AIDS epidemic. DAIDS accomplishes this through planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating programs in: 1) fundamental basic laboratory research, 2) discovery and development of therapies and treatment strategies for HIV infection and its complications through basic research and clinical trials, and 3) discovery and development of vaccines, topical microbicides, and other prevention strategies through basic research and clinical trials. For more information, visit http://www.niaid.nih.gov/.
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating programs and initiatives in the assigned specialty area of research.
- Reviewing data and progress reports, and implementing corrective actions needed to achieve adequate research progress.
- Participating in the development of Program Announcements, Request for Applications, and Request for Proposals in areas of research.
- Planning and executing analytic research projects and researching the quality of methodologies and measures pertinent to the assessment and summarization of the health status of Americans.
- Assisting and working collaboratively with Project Scientist/Program Officer to support the management of research resources, technical administration and programmatic evaluation of funded grants, contracts, and other activities.
- Assisting staff with various grants and/or contract related administrative activities.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must possess a degree in a major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
For the GS-13:
In addition to meeting the basic education requirements you must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks: planning, coordinating and implementing activities for research programs; managing and evaluating grant applications; monitoring the status of project applications and awards; monitoring awards of public health contracts, grants, and cooperative agreement; coordinating the work of other professional staff; assisting in managing research resources; assisting staff with grant related administrative activities including preparing funding plans and evaluating progress reports for funded projects; conducting initial scientific and administrative review of program project grant and training grant applications.
View Assessment Questions
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education . If you are currently or were previously in this occupation series you do not need to submit transcripts. Instead, submit an SF-50 showing the appointment in this occupational series.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: