Job Title:Health Specialist-NIAID-MP
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NIAID-MP-13-869653
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Saturday, May 04, 2013 to
Monday, May 13, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles) |
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the Division of Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (DAIDS) which is responsible for a global research portfolio designed to end the HIV/AIDS epidemic. DAIDS accomplishes this through planning, implementing, managing, and evaluating programs in: 1) fundamental basic laboratory research, 2) discovery and development of therapies and treatment strategies for HIV infection and its complications through basic research and clinical trials, and 3) discovery and development of vaccines, topical microbicides, and other prevention strategies through basic research and clinical trials. For more information, visit http://www.niaid.nih.gov/.
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for this position, you will be responsible for:
· Coordinating the development and internal review of research grant and contract solicitations (i.e., Program Announcements (PAs), Request for Applications (RFAs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
· Reviewing and analyzing initiatives for compliance with extramural policy and for content, clarity, and adherence to management and technical requirements.
· Performing a wide variety of highly complex research writing and editing duties necessary for the development and dissemination of written materials on major research programs.
· Providing scientific, operational, and management assistance and expert advice to your immediate supervisor in support of DAIDS complex and broad ranging research activities and programs.
· Coordinating, managing, and administering a portfolio of extramural research grants, cooperative agreements and contracts.
· Analyzing, interpreting, developing and implementing strategies for administering grants and contracts.
· Interpreting and analyzing complex scientific facts, biomedical research results and their implications on Institute programs and policies.
· Attending scientific meetings and seminars to stay abreast of basic and clinical research advances.
· Serving as the coordinator and point of contact for DAIDS-sponsored internal and external research meetings, workshops and symposia.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must possess a degree in a major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
For the GS-14:
In addition to meeting the basic education requirements you must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following types of tasks: developing and implementing changes to improve a biomedical research organization's research structure, organization, and staff; coordinating the development and internal review of research solicitations; administering a portfolio of investigator-initiated research grants, cooperative agreements and/or contracts; ensuring effective communication and information exchanges with staff at research institutions and/or clinical trial sites; writing and editing memoranda, correspondence, and other documents of a biomedical research nature.
View Assessment Questions
This position has an education requirement. You must submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package; however, official transcripts will be required prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education . If you are currently or were previously in this occupation series you do not need to submit transcripts. Instead, submit an SF-50 showing the appointment in this occupational series.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: