· Coordinating the development and internal review of research grant and contract solicitations (i.e., Program Announcements (PAs), Request for Applications (RFAs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
· Reviewing and analyzing initiatives for compliance with extramural policy and for content, clarity, and adherence to management and technical requirements.
· Performing a wide variety of highly complex research writing and editing duties necessary for the development and dissemination of written materials on major research programs.
· Providing scientific, operational, and management assistance and expert advice to your immediate supervisor in support of DAIDS complex and broad ranging research activities and programs.
· Coordinating, managing, and administering a portfolio of extramural research grants, cooperative agreements and contracts.
· Analyzing, interpreting, developing and implementing strategies for administering grants and contracts.
· Interpreting and analyzing complex scientific facts, biomedical research results and their implications on Institute programs and policies.
· Attending scientific meetings and seminars to stay abreast of basic and clinical research advances.
· Serving as the coordinator and point of contact for DAIDS-sponsored internal and external research meetings, workshops and symposia.