This position is located in the Deputy Commandant for Operations, Director of Operations Resource Management, Office of Performance Management & Assessment, Performance Integration Division, CG-DCO-811. The primary purpose of the position is to correct deficiencies in or improve the performance of enterprise-wide systems, processes, or operations through the application mathematical and statistical modelling techniques that provide understanding of the strategic risks and resource allocations associated with CG operations.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as the Coast Guard expert on mission performance assessment, analysis and evaluation of enterprise wide program performance data.
- Analyzing and evaluating the capture and reporting of the enterprise-wide performance data to ensure the data is appropriate for the development of advanced mathematical or statistical models.
- Working closely with the mission program managers to develop quantitative measures that assess performance, identify performance gaps, and measures.
- Assisting mission program managers with performance data collection, metric development and manager requests for modeling and simulation.
- Assisting and facilitating any protocol development as appropriate to measure and make determinations if adjustments or changes in objectives or emphasis are needed in organization functions.
- Coordinating and administering the National Maritime Strategic Risk Assessment (NMSRA), the enterprise level quantitative risk analysis of the Coast Guard's response efforts.
- Using insurance risk models or other risk assessment tools to conduct probability studies on risk profiles.
- Coordinating risk based performance planning and resource management activities across the 11 statutory missions.
- Providing program and financial information to Coast Guard leadership responsible for reporting to external entities and supports compliance with the requirements of the Government Performance and Results Act by preparing reports and statements that address performance measurements.
- Researching and drafting reports or other working documents on complex programs issues involving problem solutions or system improvement.