The incumbent will be a Senior Systems Analyst for projects that cut across Coast Guard organizational lines or have such high visibility, dollar values, or operational necessity that the focus must be Coast Guard wide for the planning and execution of the project. As a Senior Systems Analyst, the incumbent is responsible for accomplishing or assuring the accomplishment of all phases of software and lifecycle management including; requirements management, architectural design, hardware and software acquisition, customer support services, configuration management, software development, performance testing, and operations of production systems.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Leading work involving the full range of applications development activities for major software projects, such as prototype systems supporting an important USCG line program.
- Analyzing work processes and operations to determine the feasibility of developing new programs or upgrading existing ones to improve the efficiency and productivity of business practices.
- Administering and managing information technology (IT) projects for major office or program issues of broad impact.
- Conceiving and implementing new initiatives and projects to strengthen, facilitate, and integrate programs.
- Undertaking or participating in special projects, ongoing analyses, investigations, and initiatives that have high priority for high-level management.
- Providing leadership, direction, and oversight to contractors performing full lifecycle management and support of complex information systems and software development projects.
- Managing and coordinating contract administration activities for long-term, extensive technical service contracts.
- Leading work involved in the end-to-end development of information technology systems with complex designs.
- Working with customer program representatives to refine functional requirements, translate functional requirement into design specifications, and determine the best approaches for implementation within a technical environment.
- Serving as a recognized technical authority on the development and/or interpretation of USCG automation procedures and policies and system lifecycle management best practices.
- Communicating and/or visiting with clients regularly to provide support and ensure delivery of quality products and services.