Earth Day is every day at EPA! Come help us protect the environment! Our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career-we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. Discover how exciting safeguarding our natural resources and protecting human health can be. We consistently rank as one of the top Federal agencies in which to work, with great benefits and work flexibilities. Find yourself at EPA. See more about us here: http://www.epa.gov.
This position is located in Office of Water, Office of Science & Technology, Resource Management and Information Staff located in Washington, DC.
For more information on this office, visit their website: http://water.epa.gov/
The selectee may have to take up to 79 furlough hours (unpaid time) by September 30, 2013, including the designated furlough days, May 24, July 5 and August 30, 2013. The number of furlough hours the selectee has to take will be proportional to the selectee’s start date.
- Prepare budgetary actions in all phases of budget formulation and execution. Work with managers and staff to efficiently utilize extramural, Working Capital Fund, and FTE resources.
- Serves as the point of contact for internal budget and resource planning and reporting requirements. Represent the Office Director, and Staff Director in budget and planning meetings with other EPA offices.
- Develop and maintain a control process to analyze and review overruns and recoveries on office accounts to ensure that the office takes the necessary actions to avoid Anti-Deficiency Act violations.
- Analyze administrative, budget or planning management reports, guidelines and studies affecting program operations.
- Advise senior management of new legislation, policy revisions, process changes, strategies, policies, budget/planning on probable disposition of new planning or administrative initiatives.