Earth Day is every day at EPA! Come help us protect the environment! Our diverse workforce connects to more than just a career-we share a common passion to promote a cleaner, healthier environment. Discover how exciting safeguarding our natural resources and protecting human health can be. We consistently rank as one of the top Federal agencies in which to work, with great benefits and work flexibilities. Find yourself at EPA. See more about us here: http://www.epa.gov.
This position is located in the Office of Water, Office of Science & Technology, Resource Management and Information Staff located in Washington, DC.
For more information on this office, visit their website: http://water.epa.gov/
The selectee may have to take up to 79 furlough hours (unpaid time) by September 30, 2013, including the designated furlough days, May 24, July 5 and August 30, 2013. The number of furlough hours the selectee has to take will be proportional to the selectee’s start date.
- Lead the development and coordination of Agency's annual program budget planning process and develop initial resource allocations for Divisions' operating year contract resources.
- Coordinate, direct, and/or develop program responses to OMB and Congressional budget hearings, budget portions of litigation defense, and in response to briefing requirements from the Director.
- Analyze monthly utilization of obligation commitments and prepares an end-of-year analysis of the obligation and commitment. Reconcile accounts and determine available carryover funds for the office and recommends an allocation for review.
- Lead the preparation of monthly status of office funds, status of budget authority for internal control review, mid-year review, and state grant analysis.
- Analyze administrative, budget or planning management reports, guidelines and studies affecting program operations, to determine impact on office programs and to recommend specific compliance actions or to seek clarification from the originating offices.