USAIDs headquarters is centrally located in downtown Washington, DC, at the prestigious Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center on 14th and Pennsylvania Avenue N.W. We are located right on the Federal Triangle Metro (Blue and Orange Lines). The office is within walking distance of restaurants, shops, Smithsonian Institution museums and Washington Monument.
Serves as a Division Manager for the Knowledge Management Division, Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO). Manages a federal workforce at the GS-13 and/or GS-14 level, which oversees the overall quality, structural integrity, reliability, currency of USAID's IT knowledge resources and data management. The Division is a central hub and first point of contact for locating, distributing, and distilling meaning and import from USAID's work with its foreign affairs partners. It also serves as a hub for managing both IT data and non-structured data as a key agency resource including, but not limited to, documents management, web services, and content management.
As a Supervisory IT Specialist you will:
- Supervise a group of employees performing work at the GS-13 and 14 levels. Provides administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit.
- Provide administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit
- Perform the administrative and human resource management functions relative to the staff supervised
- Assures the integrity, reliability and quality of the enterprise's information assets, “data management”
- Provide expert analysis and advice and develops solutions to solve issues and problems associated with agency-wide IT and knowledge management programs
- Oversee and manage agency-wide IT projects involving innovative concepts or approaches where precedents do not exist, and large numbers of people or multiple agencies are affected
- Evaluate agency-wide policies, guidelines, and standards