If you are selected for this position your responsibilities will include:
· Assessing, planning, directing, executing and evaluating a specialized program of nursing activities in administration, practice, education and research within the defined area, providing clinical research nursing care for patients and their families.
· Overseeing a unit-based clinical management structure to assure continuity in clinical operations and research support.
· Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing administration and nursing practice for both inpatient and ambulatory clinical areas. Identifying short term and long term program goals in conjunction with departmental objectives, organizational strategic plan and annual operating budget. Supporting the development of policies. Advising nursing executive leadership on clinical specialty issues and trends and implications for nursing unit operations.
· Continuously managing program performance to assure all requirements and patient care needs are met. Managing critical patient care situations for assigned areas; collaborating and consulting with medical and interdisciplinary staff in problem solving. Monitoring and managing clinical quality, customer service and assuring research support and operational efficiency are within budgetary requirements.
· Planning, executing, monitoring, and evaluating internal and external education activities and programs designed to educate and inform patient care staff. Providing guidance and counseling to staff for professional growth and career planning.
· Supervising clinical, administrative and clerical staff, through subordinate clinical leaders, related to research protocols and specialty programs, ensuring competency completion related to program of care. Evaluating and summarizing annual performance. Selecting and hiring unit staff, including team leaders.
· Collaborating regularly with institutes and branches to review and plan for protocols, evaluate progress of the research and discuss the impact on clinical operations to suggest operational changes as needed.
· Actively participating in leadership and committee activities at the program and departmental level. Serving as an expert resource on addictions nursing and other health related issues; networking with CC and Institute colleagues to determine the need for organizational changes and improvements and formulating strategies to support these initiatives. Providing consultation and guidance in area of expertise.