Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
This Program Analyst position is located in the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (OIA), Vetting Operations Division, Operations Strategy and Mission Support Branch, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as the subject matter expert and principal point of contact for the assigned program area, with expert knowledge and mastery of advanced principles, concepts, regulations, practices, and analytical methods related to vetting operations. Typical assignments will include but are not limited to:
- Performing program analysis tasks and assignments associated with planning, budgeting, and evaluation of Vetting Operations projects and programs.
- Planning and coordinating or personally conducting special studies, drafting reports of findings and recommendations for use by Vetting Operations management, and evaluating policies.
- Coordinating and lending technical expertise to analyses/studies carried out by all Vetting Operations staff members and overseeing the analyses/work of contractor personnel.
- Performing business requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation in a highly complex environment.
- Leading analysis sessions with stakeholders to understand the business rationale and priority of the requested changes. Analyzing all relevant business scenarios to ensure that requirements cover the full scope of the business need and associated impacts to the as-is state.
- Analyzing, documenting, and reengineering business processes to improve organizational performance.
- Developing external networks and building alliances; providing expert consultative advice, guidance, and instruction within TSA and on interagency groups to address diverse, complex issues which often cross multiple projects/programs or functional areas; collaborating across boundaries and finding common ground with stakeholders.
- Proofreading and editing written documents for clarity to ensure they are appropriate for the intended audience; applying procedures for developing technical and program-specific documentation, such as functional requirements documents (FRDs), concept papers, and briefing decks.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower pay band (H Band) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and training; and/or projects/work assignments may be less complex.