BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
To qualify for this position, you must have:
A degree in accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law.
At least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include one of the following:
1. Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
2. A certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
3. Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
In addition to the basic qualification requirements above, you must also possess 1-year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level in the Federal Government. For this position specialized experience is defined as experience analyzing and reconciling a variety of accounts and transactions; formulating financial reports; assisting in developing and modifying procedures to be used in the design or modification of automated accounting systems; assisting management in applying and evaluating financial data; and analyzing financial and statistical data.
Applicants wishing to substitute education for specialized experience must, in addition to the basic qualification requirements above, have 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree.
You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated on the vacancy related questions that were designed to assess your overall possession of the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's):
1. Professional knowledge of practices and controls, methods and techniques of accounting required to independently perform accounting assignments using conventional methods and techniques.
2. Skill in applying generally accepted accounting principles, theories, techniques and procedures to well precedent assignments.
3. Knowledge of precedents applicable to the assignments.
4. Skill in gathering, assembling, consolidating and analyzing FMS financial data to prepare reports and identify trends.
5. Knowledge of the Security Assistance organization missions, functions and applicable regulations to assess organizational requirements and problems.
To preview questions please click here.
Note: We do not require a separate statement responding to the competencies, also referred to as Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA's). However, your resume should clearly show possession of these competencies.
We will review your resume and transcripts (if applicable), to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. For each applicant determined to have met basic qualifications, we will then evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and/or work experiences as it relates to the specialized experience and your responses to the online assessment questionnaire. If you are found to be highly qualified based on your responses and a review of your resume, you will be referred to the selecting official for consideration.
INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (ICTAP): Federal Career and Career-Conditional Displaced employees in the local commuting area who are rated well qualified, which is defined as one who meets the qualifications identified in this announcement and scores at least an 85, will receive special selection priority.