Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
REANNOUNCED FOR ADDITIONAL CANDIDATES, THOSE WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED WILL NOT NEED TO REAPPLY UNLESS THEY WANT TO UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION.
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Fort Duchesne, UT United States 1 vacancy
POSITION DETAILS: Permanent Full-Time Health System Administrator (Chief Executive Officer) for the Ft. Duchesne PHS Health Center in Ft. Duchesne, UT.
Salary range: $96,690.00- $125,695.00 (Annually)
Promotion potential: None, position is at the full performance level.
Merit Promotion Position: Yes.
Travel Required: Yes, 1-5 days per month.
Supervisory/Managerial Position: Yes. You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
Relocation Expenses Paid: Relocation expenses are authorized and will be paid. You will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the one year service agreement may result in repayment of relocation expenses.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? Yes, see item #2 in the required forms section.
Is drug testing required? No.
Is government housing available? No.
Is this a bargaining unit position? No.
Alternative work schedule, call back, standby, rotating shifts, nights/weekends/holidays? No.
WHO MAY APPLY:
- Excepted Service Examining Plan Candidates (ESEP);
- Merit Promotion Plan Candidates (MPP);
- Veteran's Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act Candidates (VEOA); and
- Commissioned Corps Personnel (current/active Public Health Service Officers).- visit http://www.ihs.gov/JobsCareerDevelop/jobsAtIHS/ for more information on Who May Apply.
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of administrative, medical, and other staff.
- Conduct and administer fiscal operation, including accounting, planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, etc.
- Maintain communication between governing board, medical staff, and tribal customers in order to ensure delivery of quality patient care.
- Plan, implement, and administer programs and services in a health care or medical facility, including personnel administration, training and coordination of medical staff.