Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 885982
Augusta Georgia is the home of the world renowned 'Masters' golf tournament and is Georgias second oldest and second largest city. Please visit the official Augusta website to learn more about this ever changing and exciting city: http://www.augustaga.gov/
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincolns promise To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan by serving and honoring the men and women who are Americas Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Augusta Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center is a two-division Medical Center that provides tertiary care in medicine, surgery, neurology, psychiatry, rehabilitation medicine, and spinal cord injury. The Medical Center is affiliated with the Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA and as such integrates teaching, research, and advanced patient care, making it an attractive academic medical center. This facility offers a full spectrum of comprehensive health care services, using state-of-the-art technology and innovative programs, as well as education and research benefits.
Note: The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-11. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is GS-11. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
- Relocation/Recruitment Incentive is not authorized.
- Relocation Expenses are not authorized. Current permanent employees of the Charlie Norwood VAMC will receive first consideration when filling vacancies.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Location of position: Uptown Division, Social Work Service Line
- Provide oversight of the Grant and Per Diem (GPD) facility and its services; provide case management for Veteran residents.
- Maintain direct communication with Grant and Per Diem director and staff to problem solve and work to improve facility services as applicable.
- Provide individual counseling to Veteran residents as needed, and develop/conduct groups at the facility to meet identified needs of the Veteran residents.
- Conduct vigorous community outreach that specifically targets single female Veterans that are homeless or at risk for homelessness. Coordinate annual facility inspection and compile inspection report.
- Coordinate and/or advocate for services and programs appropriate to Veterans level of care through VA and/or community resources. Complete daily reports as applicable.