To qualify for pay band 3b you must meet the following:
Have at least one year of specialized experience comparable to the MCC Pay Band 4a or GS-13 or an equivalent level which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. This experience must include activities such as: experience conducting social and gender assessments including analyzing relevant policy, institutional and socio-cultural factors that can influence project design and impacts,providing recommendations to integrate social and gender assessment findings into detailed project design, and managing or providing oversight of social and gender dimensions of international development projects. (NOTE: This experience MUST be well documented on your resume or application).
Desirable: Please include in your resume any proficiency in foreign languages. Include reference to level of proficiency for reading, writing and oral communications, especially in French.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The categories are defined as follows:
- Best Qualified Demonstrates better overall or key knowledge, skills, or abilities for a specific position.
- Well Qualified Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities which clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position, but does not necessarily meet the definition of best qualified.
- Qualified Meets the minimum qualifications standards, including any selective placement factors, for a specific position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Skill in applying advanced internationally accepted social and gender analytical concepts, frameworks, and methodologies for the design, assessment, monitoring and evaluation of poverty reduction projects.
- Skill in conducting, coordinating and managing complex social (including gender) quantitative and qualitative research activities including social and gender assessment, due diligence of proposed projects, and evaluation research.
- Knowledge of training and other capacity-building methods and tools for increasing the social and gender competency of development professionals in both the donor and recipient countries.
- Skill in providing guidance and undertaking technical analyses of social (including gender) issues, and integrating the results of social and gender analyses including social/gender risk management measures into detailed project designs.
- Skill in the assessment and documentation of best practices related to social and gender outcomes of development projects in a variety of sectors including (but not limited to) agriculture, infrastructure, health, education and finance.
Application of veterans Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veterans preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. Include link for professional positions
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or your responses are not supported by your resume, your score will be adjusted. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to ensure the work history portion thoroughly documents the duties, responsibilities, and accomplishments that are directly related to this position in order to verify specialized experience.