If you are looking to be a part of a dynamic team environment then MCC is the place for you! Visit our WEBSITE at WWW.MCC.GOV to see the life changing projects our staffs are undertaking. MCCs mission is to reduce poverty through economic growth.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN MODIFIED TO EXTEND THE CLOSING DATE
Our model is defined by principles of selectivity, country ownership, transparency, and a focus on results. Our values identify who we are and what is important to us. MCCs values are CLEAR - Collaboration, Learning, Excellence, Accountability and Respect. We recruit staff that will embody and uphold these values.
This position is located in the Technical Services Division, Department of Compact Operations, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
You will participate in work associated with MCC's social and gender assessment functions including the integration of social and gender analysis in detailed project design and monitoring and oversight of social and gender impacts of projects funded by the MCC. As an Associate Director (Social and Gender Assessment) you will:
- Work as part of a practice team led by the Senior Director for Social and Gender Assessment to strengthen MCC's engagement across sectors in current thinking, approaches, strategies and tools related to social inclusion and gender equality in large-scale international development programs.
- Provide project-level technical leadership on gender and other social issues related to design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of international development projects.
- Conduct policy-level and other reviews of opportunities and constraints to address social inclusion in various development sectors.
- Evaluate the technical adequacy of project-specific social and gender analyses and plans including design documents, social and gender assessments, environmental and social management plans, and social and gender integration plans.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of guidance documents, operational procedures, performance standards and other social/gender practice-related priorities including documentation of best practices and other technical reports.
- Write and review terms of reference, develop budgets, timelines and cost estimates, manage contractors and conduct evaluations for procurement actions.
- Contribute to training and capacity-building activities for colleagues and country partners.