The mission of the National Finance Center: To design, develop, implement and operate, cost-effective, financial, administrative, and management information system and services supporting the missions of the USDA and its customers.
This position is located in the Office of Chief Financial Officer, National Finance Center (OCFO/NFC), Administrative Management Staff, Support Service Office (AMS/SSO)
This vacancy may be used to fill additional similar positions within OCFO/NFC.
The primary purpose of this position is to transport bulk supplies, office furniture and/or equipment to and from the National Finance Center (NFC), by operating a gasoline/diesel powered truck with gross vehicle weight of 33,000 pounds and capable of carrying loads weighing up to five tons.
As a Motor Vehicle Operator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Operate a gasoline/diesel powered truck in accordance with the schedule to transport bulk supplies, furniture and/or office equipment.
- Inspect the vehicle regularly to assure proper levels of fuels, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, battery water, tire pressure, etc. are maintained in accordance with specifications of the operators manual.
- Deliver the vehicle to GSA service area for scheduled and required maintenance.
- Operate an electric forklift (walker stacker) in cramped and confined quarters to lift and move objects weighing more than seventy pounds. Ensures material are properly loaded and balanced in accordance with capability and limits of forklift.
- Move and arrange furniture as specified on work requests. Coordinate with the coordinator prior to delivery of furniture to avoid conflicting schedules or change in operations.
- Assist warehouse personnel when shipments are received at the warehouse in placing and arranging items in storage locations in consideration of type, stock number and other identifying factors.
- Loads and unloads furniture, heavy boxes, supplies and materials by hand to and/or from pallets, forklifts, dollies, vans, trucks and assuring vehicle is not overloaded and that cargo is arranged properly for best support.