EXPERIENCE: A specific length of training and experience is not required, but you must show evidence of training or experience of sufficient scope and quality of your ability to do the work of the position. Evidence which demonstrates you possess the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of this position must be supported by detailed descriptions of such on your resume.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The incumbent must have excellent eyesight, depth and color perception, and use of all limbs and be capable of prolonged walking, running, standing, climbing and crawling. Frequently handles equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works typically performed in a motor vehicle and outside setting. It should be noted that the incumbent may be exposed to safety hazards. Incumbent may be exposed to hazards during outside duties. Incumbent works in all weather conditions and will be exposed to the elements (rain, wind, sunshine, etc.) Drivers are exposed to dirt, fumes and to the possibility of cuts and bruises as a result of accidents when loading and unloading the vehicle.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION: All applicants are required to pass a pre-employment medical examination provided at government expense before tentative offer of employment is made.
Candidates must meet qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement. All candidates' eligibility must remain active to receive further consideration throughout the employment process. Qualification standards are found in the Operating Manual of Qualifications Standards for General Schedule Positions or the X-118C, Federal Wage System, which is published by the Office of Personnel Management. You may review these operating manuals in their entirety at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/indexes/num-ndx.asp and all Federal personnel offices.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Category Rating: Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet minimum qualifications and your application demonstrates you possess the particular competencies for this position. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
1. Best-Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
2. Well-Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
3. Qualified Category. Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your rating may be adjusted and/or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position. You are NOT required to respond to these separately:
- Knowledge of State and local safety rules and regulations and other posted rules for moving vehicles.
- Knowledge of defensive driving techniques necessary to recognize developing hazardous conditions.
- Skilled in handling the controls for starting, stopping, backing and driving the vehicle.
- Skilled in handling controls for starting, stopping, backing and driving forklift truck through narrow aisles in building, up and down ramps and in and out of trucks.
- Ability to use extreme care when delivering, rearranging or placing furniture.