DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position is located in Cleveland, OH.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
The duties described reflect the full performance level of this position.
- Prepares news releases and feature articles for publication reporting on the major business partners programs, technical progress, agency and employees achievements.
- Reviews copy and provides guidance and oversight on information posted to external websites.
- Collaborates with business partners to translate highly technical communications into understandable language for a diverse audience of military retirees and annuitants.
- Develops internal media as required for the purpose of communicating Cleveland based activities and initiatives that impact all employees to the entire agency.
- Provides policy, plans, and operational assistance by attending meetings, workshops, seminars, boards and organization components of DFAS, representatives of the Military Services, Department of Defense Agencies and members of special committees, and representatives of the private sector.
- Duties will be developmental in nature when filled below the full performance level.