All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Candidate must have one year of specialized experience at the GS/SK-07 level researching and analyzing data, including the use of online sources; responding to inquiries from internal and external parties related to program area; and preparing materials for conferences and meetings.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Master's or equivalent graduate degree; 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.B. or J.D. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education, which includes education exceeding one year of graduate study and specialized experience as described above that meet the total experience requirements. For example, six (6) months of specialized experience equivalent to GS-07 and one (1) year of successfully completed graduate level education.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In addition to the experience described at the SK-09 level, candidate must have one year of specialized experience at the GS/SK-09 level, researching and analyzing established administrative issues; acting as liaison with individuals and groups both inside and outside an organization regarding administrative and/or organizational matters; and preparing a variety of written documents, such as staff papers, status reports, or policy recommendations.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree; 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or LL.M., related to finance.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education, which includes education exceeding two years of graduate study and the specialized experience, described above that meets the total experience requirements. For example, six (6) months of specialized experience equivalent to GS-09 and 2½ years of successfully completed graduate level education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your resume will be evaluated on the KSAs below in the occupational questionnaire for this announcement.
· Knowledge of, and skill in applying laws, regulations, policies, practices, and processes sufficient to conduct program analysis, research issues, and resolve problems
· Skills to conduct moderately complex studies, identify problems, gather facts, and reach conclusions upon which recommendations may be made
· Knowledge of the methods and procedures, mission requirements, program goals and objectives, regulations, pertinent laws, policies and precedents which govern the operation of the assigned organization
· Skill to communicate highly complex information to others
· Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships and respond to requests for information
· Skill to work independently and manage time effectively in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities and competing deadlines
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. This position has promotion potential to the SK-11.
5. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.9. This position is not in the bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Schedule A Candidates: For information, please e-mail: DisabilityEmploymentProgram@SEC.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements for this vacancy will be rated according to the Category Rating Procedures. This means that candidates will be assigned to a pre-defined quality category based on their application and veteran preference. Generally, only candidates in the top quality category will be referred to the hiring manager.
Individuals with veteran's preference will be placed ahead of other applicants within the rating category to which they are assigned. Preference-eligible veterans who have at least 10 percent compensable service-connected disability, and who have met the basic qualification requirements, will be placed ahead of other applicants in the highest category.
There will be three quality categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified.