In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR (SMALL SHOP CHIEF) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to follow instructions and safely operate the type of equipment required to accomplish the duties of the position.
Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to operate and perform operator maintenance onstraight-in-line trucks which typically have an approximate gross vehicle weight of more than 32,000 pounds. Experience demonstrating ability to operate truck tractors with semi-trailers or full trailers and motor coaches. Experience operating vehicles over a variety of roads including interstate highways, narrow country roads, and on steep winding grades. Experience driving vehicles without mishap in complicated traffic situations.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Skill in operating gasoline or diesel powered trucks or truck tractors with trailer or semi-trailer coupled by use of a turntable (fifth wheel) or pintle (pivot hook).
2. Skill in using two braking systems along with the gear shift controls.
3. Knowledge of and skill in the use of a turntable or pintle hook.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
ECMF: 91 EMOS: 36B, 51C, 74B, 88M/N, 89A/B, 92A/F/G/Y
APPLICANT MUST ALREADY BE A PERMANENT MILITARY TECHNICIAN FROM THE
NEW YORK ARMY NATIONAL GUARD.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.